Boardmatch Ireland is the National Corporate Governance Charity in Ireland. We work to improve governance in the not-for-profit sector by strengthening boards and management committees.
Boardmatch Ireland is a leading expert in promoting good Governance for the not for profit sector. We do this by providing services and support to not for profits and charities to help them improve and strengthen their board composition.
Our model is to provide boards with the right composition of experts from the voluntary sector and dynamic people from the commercial sector which contributes to a well governed sector. We believe the right balance of skilled voluntary directors provides a charity with the necessary skills to respond to changes, meet the challenges of the sector and to achieve their strategic objectives.
Boardmatch does this primarily through:
- A FREE online matching service matching professionals from the corporate/public sectors to not-for-profit boards.
- A bespoke Board Search service for not-for-profit organisations.
- A range of training and consultancy services to the not-for-profit sector on Good Governance practice.
- Developing and providing training packages and other supports for boards and board members.
- Providing advice, support and guidance on Governance.
Our core objective is building the governance capacity of not-for-profit boards. We have over 1,500 not-for-profits using our services and have placed over 1,700 candidates onto not-for-profit boards.
WHERE WE CAME FROM
Boardmatch Ireland has come about as a response by interested people from the voluntary and corporate sectors to address the skills needs on the governing bodies of not-for-profit organisations. A model for the process of matching skills sets often found in the corporate world to the boards of not-for-profits had been successfully implemented in Canada. Boardmatch Ireland was established to bring this concept to Ireland.
MISSION & VISION
Core Value: Sustainable and transparent improved corporate Governance of the not-for-profit sector in Ireland
Mission: To facilitate the improvement of Governance in the not-for- profit sector
To support the Governance needs of the not-for-profit sector through web based facilities
To facilitate the matching of skilled professional people with the Governance needs of not-for-profit boards in Ireland
Vision: A not-for-profit sector that is well led, well governed and open to learning
Boardmatch Ireland is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital, registered in Dublin, Ireland (company number 400151). Boardmatch Ireland is also a registered charity (CHY number 16398).
It is Boardmatch Ireland’s policy to promote openness and transparency.
Boardmatch Ireland is currently funded by:
- funding from the Department of Housing, Planning, Community & Local Government (30% of total income)
- revenue from the provision of matching services, training, and consultancy to both the commercial and voluntary sector (70% of total income)
Click here to see our latest Annual Report – Boardmatch Financial Report 2016